Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Quaint Little Lijiang



Lijiang

I took the bus to Lijiang with Alon of Israel. I knew nothing about this town before coming here. Most travellers head to Lijiang to visit the nearby Tiger Leaping Gorge. Sounds a little like a movie title I know. My 30 day visa was rapidly approaching its end, so I had to leave Lijiang not long after arriving.

The spirit in the town was good. New Year celebrations were still in full swing. It was a great opportunity to meet the very colourful tibetan people, who seemed to have a moderately strong presence here.

Before I knew it, I was back on the bus to Kunming to plan my exit into Laos. I spent a day sorting out my Laos visa and organising my route through Jinghong to the border crossing at Mengla. I met a nice couple of Italain girls on the bus to Jinghong. I hung out with them for a day before making my dash for the border. Once again I was leaving on the final day of my visa. My Dad taught me well in getting 'value for money!'

No comments: