Friday, December 08, 2006

Lively Luang Prabang



Luang Prabang

After bidding fairwell to Mike and Eric I jumped on the bus to Luang Prabang. The bus was built to carry 15 max. I think there were a good 25 of us. I know what a battery chicken feels like in the back of an articulated trailer.


Lots of bums not so many seats

Once arriving in Luang Prabang I bumped into Jenny. A geordie girl I had met firstly in Hoi An, Vietnam and then again in Hanoi. We hung out for a bit.

I also met a group of English revellers. I hung out with them for a day or two. One day we decided to head for the waterfalls. Good waterfalls they were too.

This is a picture of a guy they used to attract people to the falls. Looks a little like me don't you think.



In a hut just outside the entrance to the waterfalls we found this tiger. Behind bars and very bored by the looks of things. We made a small donation towards his upkeep, signed the visitors book and on we went.


Caged and Bored


Restocking

I took yet another boat to Pakbeng on the other side of the river from Chiang Rai border entry. Pakbang didn't have a lot to offer. I spent a night there before making the river crossing into Thailand. I wasn't planning on spending a huge amount of time there, but very much looking forward to seeing Northern Thailand.

No comments: