Thursday, December 28, 2006

Escape to Koh Chang


25.11.2004

Koh Chang

At last! My escape from the cloudy, smelly, stuffy dirt-hole that is Bangkok!

Nathan and I took the early bus to Leam Gnop (terminal) heading to White Sand Beach, Koh Chang. Koh Chang is named so because it looks like and elephant. Chang being the Thai word for Elephant. If you squint hard enough, yes, it looks like an Elephant.


I spent a total of 7 days on Koh Chang. During my stay I hung out with Marco and Nathan, eating at local Thai eateries. I also did my PADI Open Water Diver Course, with Ryan, an Autralian guy. Koh Chang was such a nice contrast to the hustle of Bangkok.

Myself, Nathan and Marco rented motorbikes and went for a little 'Tour De Koh Chang'. I had never ridden (or Driven?) a motorbike before, so was somewhat scared and excited. I could imagine what my mother and grandmother would be saying if they were to hear of this ghastly idea of mine!

My time on Koh Chang was really enjoyed. I met some good people and enjoyed diving in the warm waters of the Gulf of Thailand.


Mr. Lek Bungalows; Ensuite bathroom, balcony, mosquito net, 250 Baht a night.

A beautiful sunset on my return from the dive day trip.

No comments: