Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Picturesque Dali



Dali

Dali was a comparatively short train journey from Kunming. Word of mouth brought me here. I heard it was a beautiful little lakeside town full of raw, small-town charm. I was hoping to escape the city madness I dealt with in all of my previous destinations. I escaped it.


Dali was a great town squeezed between a mountain and a lake. It had a 'Countryside China' feeling about it. Hiring a bike and going for a nice exploratory cycle was the agenda for the next day or so. The winds were blustery and the sky looked angry, giving Dali a powerfully natural feeling. I felt Mother Nature was close by.


Classic

This picture was taken en route to the lookout from behind Dali's temples. A lookout which showcased the town, the lake and the undulating green landscape.

After a realxing stay in Dali it was off to another little secret. Lijiang.

No comments: