Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas in Nha Trang

24.12.2004

Festive Break

Christmas is here and we had just moved on to Nha Trang. We felt like a beach would be a good place to celebrate a hot Christmas. It was also a chance to not-travel for a week or so. A welcome idea for all of us. Sleeping in a different bed every night can be really tiring.

This would be my first Christmas away from the 'warm-fire n turkey' family Christmas. It was looking to be a very different Christmas indeed. And then I would see signs that Christmas wouldn't be too different.


Classic

Christmas day was spent in the water, Diving. I thought I'd use this special day to do something I enjoy.

We spent a total of 2 weeks in Nha Trang. So I could write loads. But I'll try and keep it short.

One day was spent on a day trip to a few sights in the area. We headed out to a small village to drop some sweets in to some school kids. As you can see they were happy we came.



I spent a fair bit of my time being acosted by Cuong. A motorbike driver who tried so hard to get me to spend my money on his taxi services. He seemed like he had a good heart. One evening he invites me to his humble house for his daughter's first birthday party. I saw it as a great opportunity to get some 'can't buy this' cultural experience.



He gave me a lift home a little later on and asked me for some money for the beers. Everything for a price. I was dissapointed that it ended in money asking. Nonetheless an interesting experience.




Happy New Year

A little drunk at the sailing club. We stayed in Nha Trang for New Year too. Nha Trang was enjoyed by all. It was sad leaving but the wheels had to keep on turning. Life on the road.

No comments: