Saturday, November 25, 2006



Malaysia

After two full months in Thailand it was time to move on again. Uncharted territory. We crossed the border overland with no problems. Jumped in a taxi sharng with a nice dutch couple, Sonder and Manja. Our destination was Kota Bahru. It was from here we could take the boat to the Perhentian Islands. We had a little trouble with the Taxi driver communicating our desired destination, but we got there in the end!

This was my final few footsteps in Thailand.


















Boats with flags, is all I can say about this picture. This was taken just before we got on out speedboat heading for Perhentian Kecil.




















Perhentian Kecil

This island was beautiful. I'd be hard pushed to say it but I think it was more beautiful than any of the islands I had visited in Thailand. Maybe Phi Phi was on a par with it. The water was crystal clear and the sand was powdery and almost white. The green was greener than any green I have ever seen. This is a view of the beach from the path coming down from the huts we were staying in. It looks quite nice doesn't it!?


















Lucas and I went out for a dive. The boat driver had snuck off with the boat when we were supposed to be going out so the guy gave us an hour to grab breakfast and a 50% refund for the day, making it a very very cheap days diving. The diving was brilliant. I don't think I've ever been in water as blue as it was there. Bluer than blue.

A couple of evenings we decided to tuck into the bottles of Sangsom we had brought with us from Thailand. These nights were forgettable, in the sense that I can't remember much of them! This picture shows from left to right: Manja, Sonder, Me (looking a bit tanned), Will and Lucas. I had to make the picture bright because I was blending in with the background!

No comments: