Thursday, November 23, 2006

Big Buildings in KL



Kuala Lumpur

Lucas and I took the train south to the Malaysian capital city, Kuala Lumpur. I'm not a huge fan of big cities anywhere in the world soI didn't have massive expectations about this one. I was pleasantly surprised. KL is a very modern, clean and navigable city. There is clearly a lot of money there and as a result the city is well looked after. We didn't have long, so we organised of plan of action for the couple of days we were there and got stuck in.

The world famous Petronas Towers were at the pinnacle of the priority list. One can't come to this city and not see these spectacles of modern architecture. It involved an early start to join long a queue to get our hands on the limited free tickets for the ascent to the skybridge 44 floors up the 88 story buildings. The skybridge is a connection between the two towers put there as a safety measure to avoid any evacuation problems if 9/11 was to re-occur here. This is me on the skybridge posing for the camera.



















Walking around KL I found a few tributes to my name. There was a brand of beer called 'Carls'.

b

b

b

b

b

b

b

Lucas and I were in a stationery/bookshop and found these office items with our names printed on them.

b

b

b

b

b

b

b

I also found this. The world-famous CARL Punch! I can't believe they haven't been sending me royalties on all this blatant expliotation of my name!


b

b

b

b

b

b

This picture reminds me of the kind of city KL was. Tropical and advanced. There was a lot of order here. People got on with their lives. It was quite a stark contrast to the Malaysia I had seen up until this point.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey man I like it. I'm about to write more articles and try out your ideas. After all, we always have something new to learn and being humble, I came here to learn. Bookmarked.

- John